Ahi tuna is a very lean fish and a popular addition to an aggressive fat loss diet.
Avocado wedges boost energy and make this recipe special – nutrient-dense, versatile, and perfect for keto or blood sugar management.
The tuna is swimming in omega 3, B3, B12, vitamin A, and selenium, while the avocado and greens boost vitamin B5, folate, vitamin C, vitamin K1, iron, copper, and potassium.
Herb salsa rounds out the flavour profile to make your taste buds sing.
One serve provides 460 calories, 50 g protein, 24 g fat, 6 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.7.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g Ahi tuna
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 50 g rocket, arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic, 10 grams of each parsley, mint, basil finely chopped, 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice & zest of half a lemon, 1 tsp toasted pine nuts
- Mix herb salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy pan and apply non-stick spray immediately before cooking.
- Sear for one minute per side (or to your liking).
- Remove to rest for five minutes.
- Serve sliced tuna on a bed of rocket and avocado.
- Drizzle with herb salsa.