Ahi tuna is a very lean fish and a popular addition to an aggressive fat loss diet.
Avocado wedges boost energy and make this recipe special – nutrient-dense, versatile, and perfect for keto or blood sugar management.
Herb salsa rounds out the flavour profile to make your taste buds sing.
One serve provides 460 calories, 50 g protein, 24 g fat, 6 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.7.
- 200 g Ahi tuna
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 50 g rocket, arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic, 10 grams of each parsley, mint, basil finely chopped, 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice & zest of half a lemon, 1 tsp toasted pine nuts
- Mix herb salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy pan and apply non-stick spray immediately before cooking.
- Sear for one minute per side (or to your liking).
- Remove to rest for five minutes.
- Serve sliced tuna on a bed of rocket and avocado.
- Drizzle with herb salsa.