Seared Tuna, Herb Salsa & Avocado (Lean)
Ahi tuna is a very lean fish, so is a popular addition to an aggressive fat loss diet. This high satiety recipe has been designed for a high protein to energy ratio to keep you feeling full and prevent nutrient cravings.
The tuna will give you heaps of omega 3, B3, B12, vitamin A and selenium while the avocado and greens boost the vitamin B5, folate, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, copper and potassium. The herb salsa rounds out the flavour profile to make your taste buds sing.
One serve provides 280 calories, 23 g protein, 6 g fat and 24 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g Ahi tuna
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 50 g rocket, arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic, 10 grams of each parsley, mint, basil finely chopped, 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice & zest of half a lemon, 1 tsp toasted pine nuts
- Mix herb salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy pan and apply non-stick spray immediately before cooking.
- Sear for one minute per side (or to your liking).
- Remove to rest for five minutes.
- Serve sliced tuna on a bed of rocket and avocado.
- Drizzle with herb salsa.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.