This simple but super nutritious recipe is ideal for aggressive fat loss while getting all the nutrients you need to maintain your energy levels and prevent cravings. It would be ideal for someone with a lot of fat to lose or someone trying to get down to very low body fat levels.
Tuna is incredibly nutritious and brings heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3, vitamins A, B3, B5, B6, B12, and D as well as choline, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium and selenium. Asparagus fills in the folate and vitamin K1 and rounds out the texture and flavour profile of the tuna.
One serve provides 420 calories, 60 g protein, 17 g fat, 2 g of net carbs and P:E = 3.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- A scant amount of olive oil or spray
- 250 g tuna steak
- 100 g asparagus, chopped in half (approx. 8 spears)
- Sea salt
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add a scant amount of olive oil or spray with olive oil.
- When hot, add the tuna steak and cook for 2-3 minutes, when there is a three quarter colour change in the tuna, turn
- Add the asparagus when you turn the tuna and toss it around the pan.
- Cook the tuna on the second side for 30 seconds. Remove tuna from the pan and rest.
- Toss the asparagus around the pan for a few more minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Slice the tuna and plate up alongside the asparagus. Sprinkle with sea salt.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.