Sauteed spinach with bacon & egg
This simple recipe packs a nutritional punch and is also highly satiating. The bacon compliments the texture of the spinach and the egg tops off the recipe with a luxurious taste.
Spinach, bacon and egg all provide a significant amount of protein. The spinach provides potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, vitamins B2, B6, A, and K along with choline and folate as well as plenty of bulk that will make this hard to overeat. Bacon and egg provide additional energy, selenium, B5 and phosphorus.
One serve provides 540 calories, 42 g protein, 37 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 90 g bacon (3 rashes approx), cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 200 g fresh spinach
- 1 medium egg
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme leaves, garlic, chilli flakes and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to the bacon and stir, cook until the spinach is wilted (about 2 minutes).
- Fry or poach egg to your liking and place on top of spinach and bacon.
- Add some salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.