Sauteed spinach with bacon & egg
This simple little recipe packs a nutritional punch while being very satiating. The bacon adds a little bit of taste and variety to the spinach while the eggs top off the recipe with some luxurious taste and texture.
Both the spinach, bacon and egg all provide a solid dose of protein. The spinach provides potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, vitamins B2, B6, A, and K along with choline and folate as well as plenty of bulk that will make this hard to overeat. The bacon and egg provide some additional energy, selenium, B5 and phosphorus.
This recipe could be used as a simple meal for one that works for pretty much any goal or you can increase the servings to create a simple nutritious meal for the whole family.
One serving provides 270 calories, 22 g of protein, 17 g of fat and 5 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, very thinly sliced
- 200g of fresh spinach
- Salt, pepper and chilli powder
- 1 egg
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli flakes and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and some salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Fry the egg in a separate pan to add in at the end.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- blood sugar & diabetes
- athlete & bulking
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
Click the links below to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.
|blood sugar & fat loss||93%|
|blood sugar & diabetes||97%|