Satiating and straightforward, this dish packs a nutritional punch. The texture of the bacon compliments spinach, and the egg adds more flavour to this dish.
All of the ingredients provide a significant amount of protein. As well as potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, vitamins B2, B6, A, and K, along with choline and folate, spinach provides plenty of bulk that makes it hard to overeat. Bacon and eggs provide energy, selenium, vitamin B5 and phosphorus.
One serve provides 540 calories, 42 g protein, 37 g fat, 6 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.0.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 90 g bacon (3 rashes approx), cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 200 g fresh spinach
- 1 medium egg
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme leaves, garlic, chilli flakes and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to the bacon and stir, cook until the spinach is wilted (about 2 minutes).
- Fry or poach egg to your liking and place on top of spinach and bacon.
- Add some salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.