This simple little side dish provides an infusion of the vitamins and minerals that many people lack.
Sauteeing raw radishes turns their bitter bite sweet and delicious, and the longer you saute, the sweeter they taste.
Radish provides a super dose of folate, vitamin C, potassium, and assorted minerals.. Watercress adds manganese, magnesium, copper, calcium, and choline along with vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, E, and K1.
The butter sizzles in extra flavour and aids in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
One serve provides 30 calories, 2 g protein, 2 g fat, 1 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp of butter (use alternate fat for AIP)
- 100 g radishes, halved
- 100 g watercress
- 1/4 cup of water
- Sea salt
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat, then saute radishes, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes.
- Add water and cook, covered, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes, then cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated, 1-4 minutes.
- Add watercress and saute, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve as a side.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- low carb vegetarian
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight maintenance)
- cancer (weight gain)
- autoimmune paleo
- low oxalate
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.