This quick and simple meal will tick all your nutrient boxes and keep you feeling satisfied with a content nutrient-dense glow for hours.
Aside from omega 3, salmon is packed with nutrients (without excess calories), including bioavailable protein, vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, D, and E, copper, potassium, and selenium. The veggies provide vitamins A, C, and K1, as well as folate.
One serve provides 395 calories, 44 g protein, 13 g fat, 21 g net carbs and P:E = 1.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 leek, sliced
- 200 g (7 oz) Brussels Sprouts, quartered
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 fillets of salmon
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- A few springs of dill weed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F (bake).
- Place the leek, Brussels Sprouts and lemon slices in a baking tray, toss to combine and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, place the salmon fillet on top of the veggies.
- Spread a teaspoon of mustard on each fillet and sprinkle over the dill weed. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.