Salmon, spinach and Brussel sprouts
It’s hard to go wrong with salmon for protein and omega 3, and the greens in this meal boost and round out the vitamin and minerals.
The salmon provides protein, omega 3, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, choline, B12, B6, B5, B3 and B1 while the spinach fills in the zinc, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium, vitamin K, vitamin A, folate and B2.
One serving provides 720 calories, 75 g of protein, 38 grams of fat and 12 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- Season generously the salmon fillet with quality salt and pepper (note: pat dry salmon with a paper towel prior to seasoning).
Oven grill salmon (approx. 15 – 20mins) on a bed of lemons, garlic and more herbs if it takes your fancy.
- Cook either in oven (fan-forced) or under grill makes the skin extra crunchy!
- Wash, core and half/quarter Brussel sprouts and steam till tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook frozen or fresh spinach in bone broth, coconut milk, golden paste, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and add/fold through finely chopped herbs.
- Lilly Banhidy
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & diabetes
- athletes & bulking
Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.