This nutritious, delicious, low-carb combo mixes all of your favourite nutrient-dense staples. Your tummy and body will be sure to love this and ask for seconds!
Scrambled eggs provide the majority of the energy in this meal, along with choline, folate, selenium, and vitamins A, B2, B5, and D. This recipe uses extra egg whites to bump up the protein as well as whole eggs so that you’re getting all of the adequate vitamins and minerals from the yolks.
Salmon is another one of nature’s true ‘superfoods’. Not only does it provide a low-calorie, low-fat source of protein, but it also comes with generous amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, choline, selenium, phosphorus, vitamins A, B2, B12, D, and E.
To top it all off, the avocado adds some super satiating monounsaturated fat, vitamin C, folate, copper, potassium, and a rich and creamy texture.
If you’re looking for more, adding in any of your favourite spices or herbs can boost flavour and nutrient value.
One serve provides 255 calories, 25 g protein, 15 g fat, 2 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 60 g salmon, tinned or cooked, broken apart
- 2 whole eggs
- 35 g egg white
- 30 g avocado, peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp dill weed, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk the eggs and egg white together, and season with your favourite spices (optional).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Add in the broken pieces of salmon.
- Stir salmon gently through the eggs as the eggs cook. Keep doing this until the eggs are done the way you like them.
- Serve with chopped avocado and some chopped fresh dill.