Get a load of this super nutritious combo meal combining some of the low carb staples! Your tummy and your body will love this!
Scrambled eggs provide the majority of the energy along with vitamins A, B2 and B5, choline, folate and selenium. This recipe uses egg whites as well as whole eggs to keep the protein high and the fat low while still providing adequate choline and vitamin A from the whole eggs.
Salmon is another nutritional powerhouse food, providing protein, omega 3 and a range of vitamins and minerals, and the avocado adds a rich creamy texture along with some vitamin C, copper and potassium.
One serve provides 255 calories, 25 g protein, 15 g fat and 2 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 60 g salmon, tinned or cooked, broken apart
- 2 whole eggs
- 35 g egg white
- 30 g avocado, peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp dill weed, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk the eggs and egg white together, season with your favourite spices (optional).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Add in the broken pieces of salmon.
- Stir salmon gently through the eggs as the eggs cook. Keep doing this until the eggs are done just the way you like them.
- Serve with chopped avocado and some chopped fresh dill.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- low carb vegetarian
- low oxalate
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.