This sumptuous and straightforward dinner combines a number of the most nutrient-dense foods.
Salmon provides plenty of omega-3, bioavailable protein, and valuable nutrients like vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B12, D, E, copper, choline, selenium, phosphorus, and potassium.
The bell peppers boost vitamins A and C, while the spinach supplies vitamins A, B2, C, K1, iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, calcium, and potassium. Mushrooms are excellent sources of copper and vitamin B5.
Butter is an excellent source of vitamin A and helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins found in vegetables.
Overall, this is a flavourful dish that is effective for your health goals!
One serving of this recipe provides 400 calories, 44 g of protein, 22 g of fat and 4 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows this recipe’s nutrients provided by 2000 calories relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 160 g salmon
- A squeeze of lemon juice and 3 slices
- 10 g butter
- 50 g mushrooms, sliced
- 75 g spinach
- 30 g red pepper, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C/360° F.
- Place salmon on a baking tray and squeeze lemon juice over, and lay lemon slices on top.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a small fry pan to medium heat, add the butter, mushrooms and peppers and saute till soft.
- Serve on a bed of spinach.