This sumptuous and straightforward dinner combines a number of the most nutrient-dense foods.
Salmon provides plenty of omega-3, bioavailable protein, and valuable nutrients like vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B12, D, E, copper, choline, selenium, phosphorus, and potassium.
The bell peppers boost vitamins A and C, while the spinach supplies vitamins A, B2, C, K1, iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, calcium, and potassium. Mushrooms are excellent sources of copper and vitamin B5.
Butter is an excellent source of vitamin A, and it also helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins found in vegetables.
Overall, this is a flavourful dish that is effective for whatever your health goals are!
One serving of this recipe provides 400 calories, 44 g of protein, 22 g of fat, 4 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.7.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 160 g salmon
- Squeeze of lemon juice and 3 slices
- 10 g butter
- 50 g mushrooms, sliced
- 75 g spinach
- 30 g red pepper, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C/360° F.
- Place salmon on a baking tray and squeeze lemon juice over and lay lemon slices on top.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a small fry pan to medium heat, add the butter, mushrooms and peppers and saute till soft.
- Serve on a bed of spinach.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.