This simple and sumptuous dinner combines a number of the most nutrient-dense foods.
The salmon provides plenty of omega 3, protein, a range of B vitamins as well as copper and selenium.
The bell peppers boost the vitamin C, while the spinach boosts the magnesium and potassium.
One serving of this recipe provides 400 calories, 44 g of protein, 22 g of fat and 4 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 160 g salmon
- Squeeze of lemon juice and 3 slices
- 10 g butter
- 50 g mushrooms, sliced
- 75 g spinach
- 30 g red pepper, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C/360° F.
- Place salmon on a baking tray and squeeze lemon juice over and lay lemon slices on top.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a small frypan to medium heat, add the butter, mushrooms and peppers and sautÃ© till soft.
- Serve on a bed of spinach.
The salmon shown here is baked with lemon in the oven and the mushrooms fried with a little bit of butter. Feel free to add your favourite vegetables and have a larger piece of salmon if you require more energy.
- Monica Kendall
Find more recipes to suit your goal.