This salmon and veggies recipe packs a hefty nutritional punch.
Salmon features in many of the most nutrient-dense recipes, providing ample omega 3, phosphorus, potassium, copper, choline, and amino acids.
Asparagus, spinach and mushrooms punch up the micronutrient profile and add a savoury bite to the dish.
This recipe provides 400 calories, 55 g protein, 17 g fat, 3 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.8.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- Scant amount of butter for frying (use ghee for AIP)
- 50 g mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g asparagus, chopped 3 cm lengths
- 50 g spinach
- 200 g salmon, skin on
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- In a saute pan, heat butter over medium-high heat until bubbling.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus and saute for 2 – 4 minutes until tender and cooked to your taste Add spinach to the pan in several small batches stirring and sauteing after each addition until wilted.
- In a second saute pan heat butter over medium-high heat until bubbling.
- When hot, place fish into the frypan skin side down Leave salmon to cook undisturbed for 2 – 3 minutes.
- When the color has lightened 3/4 of the way up the end of the fillet, turn salmon and saute another 30 seconds.
- Plate up the vegetables and top with the salmon Add salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
Take your nutrition to the next level with Nutrient Optimiser and get your free food list and more recipes based on your goals. We designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
Our recipe database contains over five hundred recipes to ensure you will get the nutrition you need to thrive. After you have tracked your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify foods that correct macro and micro deficiencies in your diet.