Salmon, asparagus, spinach and mushroom
This simple salmon and veggies recipe courtesy of Bev Postma packs a nutritional punch.
Salmon is a feature of many of the most nutrient-dense recipes, providing a solid amount of omega 3, phosphorus, potassium, copper, choline and amino acids while the asparagus, spinach and mushrooms balance out the vitamin and mineral profile.
One serving provides 433 calories, 60g of protein, 17g of fat and 6g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- Slice the mushrooms to the desired size with a knife.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a saute pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- add spinach at intervals in this pan.
- Stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Once the spinach has wilted, turn off the heat and remove the spinach.
- In a separate saute pan, add asparagus and turn to medium heat.
- Pour water to cover only the bottom of the pan.
- Leave asparagus to steam.
- Check after 5 minutes if asparagus is tender by piercing the asparagus with a knife.
- Once asparagus is tender, turn off the heat and remove from pan.
- In another fry-pan, heat over medium-high heat and add butter.
- When hot, put the fish in the fry-pan skin side facing the bottom of the pan.
- Leave salmon to cook for 2-3 minutes, when there is a ¾ colour change in the salmon fillet side, turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
The ranking of this recipe for each goal is shown below (click the link to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal).
|blood sugar & fat loss||98%|