Salmon, asparagus, spinach and mushroom
This salmon and veggies recipe packs a hefty nutritional punch.
Salmon is a feature of many of the most nutrient-dense recipes, providing a solid amount of omega 3, phosphorus, potassium, copper, choline and amino acids. Asparagus, spinach and mushrooms balance out the micronutrient profile.
This recipe provides 400 calories, 55 g protein, 17 g fat and 3 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- Scant amount of butter for frying
- 50 g mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g asparagus, chopped 3 cm lengths
- 50 g spinach
- 200 g salmon, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a saute pan.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus, cook for 2 – 4 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Add spinach at intervals in this pan.
- Once spinach has wilted, turn off heat.
- In another frypan, heat over medium-high heat and add butter.
- When hot, put the fish in the frypan skin side facing the bottom of the pan.
- Leave salmon to cook for 2 – 3 minutes, when there is a ¾ colour change in the salmon fillet side, turn and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Plate up the vegetables and top with the salmon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.