The most naturally vibrant and colourful meals and foods are often the most nutritious and flavourful.
These days food manufacturers have perfected the science of artificial flavours and colours to trick our brain into thinking that their products contain nutrients that they don’t, but this tasty salad is the real deal.
Tuna and eggs bring the protein along with omega 3, choline, selenium, iron, zinc, and vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12 and D. The salad brings the minerals with a healthy dose of copper, potassium and calcium along with folate, vitamins C and vitamin K1.
Optional additions to this to mix up the texture or flavour profile could include steamed green beans, anchovy fillets, capers or red onion.
One serve provides 335 calories, 45 g protein, 13 g fat, 5 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 cup (approx. 55 g/2 oz) mixed salad greens
- 1 (approx. 100 g/3.5 oz) tomato
- 2 boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
- 6 black olives
- 1 can of tuna (approx. 130 g/5 oz)
- Salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle over a bit of the brine, water or oil from the canned tuna, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- low carb vegetarian
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.