Quick Mussel Salad
This is a simple lunch that you can use at home or work. Prepare your salads on the weekend store in the fridge for an easy and healthy lunch every day.
The mussels provide heaps of omega 3, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, copper and choline along with B12, B5, B3, B2 and B1.
The spinach provides folate, potassium, magnesium, K, A and B1, while the bell peppers fill in the B6 and C.
One serve provides 253 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g fat and 9 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g mussels canned or marinated, drained
- 50 g spinach or salad leaves of choice
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g cucumbers, diced
- 50 g green bell peppers, diced
- 100 g tomato, diced
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice all the vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add mussels (or preferred seafood).
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.