Foods from the sea could be considered nature’s superfoods, often coming loaded with vitamins and minerals.
This is a simple lunch that centred around mussels as the core ingredient. You can make the salad at home on the weekends and store it in the fridge to take to work to guarantee a healthy meal wherever you are.
The mussels provide heaps of bioavailable protein, omega-3, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, iron, copper and choline, and ample B1, B2, B3, B5, and B12. Additionally, mussels are one of the top sources of the mineral manganese.
The spinach and parsley provide substantial amounts of iron, magnesium, folate, and vitamins A, B1, and K. Bell peppers and lemon fill in your B6 and vitamin C gaps.
If you’re looking for a light meal that’s heavy in nutrients, give this a try!
One serve provides 253 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g fat, 9 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g mussels canned or marinated, drained
- 50 g spinach or salad leaves of choice
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g cucumbers, diced
- 50 g green bell peppers, diced
- 100 g tomato, diced
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice all the vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add mussels (or preferred seafood).
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.