This is a simple lunch that you can use at home or work. Prepare your salads on the weekend store in the fridge for an easy and healthy lunch every day.
The mussels provide heaps of omega 3, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, copper and choline along with B12, B5, B3, B2 and B1.
The spinach provides folate, potassium, magnesium, K, A and B1, while the bell peppers fill in the B6 and C.
One serve provides 253 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g fat, 9 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g mussels canned or marinated, drained
- 50 g spinach or salad leaves of choice
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g cucumbers, diced
- 50 g green bell peppers, diced
- 100 g tomato, diced
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice all the vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add mussels (or preferred seafood).
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.