This rhubarb and coconut recipe is a wonderful low carb dessert or a filling snack when you don’t feel like cooking.
The coconut cream provides the majority of the energy while the rhubarb contain potassium, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and choline. The seeds provide magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and some omega 3.
This dish can be made with yogurt instead of coconut cream if you prefer. They both taste delicious.
One serve provides 200 calories, 6 g protein, 14 g fat and 9 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g rhubarb, cut into 3 cm length pieces
- 30 g raspberries, frozen
- 2 tbsp coconut cream, chilled in fridge
- 1/2 tbsp of each
- pumpkin seeds,
- hemp hearts
- Pre-heat oven 180°C/360°F.
- Place rhubarb pieces, raspberries and a little water on a baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Plate up with juices, if any.
- Add coconut cream and seed sprinkles.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.