Why leave the house when you at eat like this at home? Your family will love this roast lamb recipe for a special dinner in.
This roast lamb and potatoes will help boost your protein for satiety and weight loss while providing plenty of vitamins, minerals and flavour.
Lamb provides tons of bioavailable protein alone with a range of B vitamins, choline, iron, zinc and selenium. The potato, cooked in the fat from the lamb, provides a decadent crunch, along with vitamin B6 and vitamin C and potassium while the herb accentuate the flavour of this healthy and decadent dish.
One serve provides 460 calories, 22 g protein, 19 g fat, 31 g net carbs and P:E = 1.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 leg or shoulder of lamb (approx. 1.2 / 53 oz)
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 6 unpeeled cloves of garlic
- 1 spring of rosemary
- Sea Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F (bake).
- Place the potatoes in a roasting tray with the lamb sitting on top of them. Spread around the garlic cloves and sprinkle everything in salt. Place the rosemary sprig on top of the lamb.
- Place the roasting tray in the oven for 45–60 minutes, stirring the potatoes every 15 minutes.
- Once the lamb is cooked to your liking remove the tray from the oven, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with oven-roasted broccoli.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.