Roast Chicken, Greens & Garlic Butter
Chicken and broccoli is a standard go-to meal for bodybuilders because it provides plenty of lean protein and vitamins and minerals.
This recipe adds some tasty garlic butter for variety and a luxurious taste, while still being super healthy.
Chicken provides protein, vitamins B3, B5 and B6 as well as choline, selenium and zinc while the asparagus and broccoli fill in the copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, folate and vitamins A, C, E and K1.
One serve provides 480 calories, 45 g protein, 29 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 whole chicken
- 250 g (9 oz) asparagus, cut in 3 cm pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 40 g (1.4 oz) butter (use gree for AIP).
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/356°F (bake).
- Place the chicken in a roasting tray. Sprinkle sea salt over the skin. Bake for 2 hours. The skin will be crispy and meat should be falling off the bone when you break it up.
- Steam the asparagus and broccoli for 4 minutes in either the microwave or over a pot of boiling water.
- Melt the butter and add the crushed garlic.
- Break up the chicken. Serve each plate with people’s choice of chicken meat, steamed broccoli and asparagus. Pour over the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with black pepper (omit for AIP).
This recipe is part of the following recipe books. Click on the links below to find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.