This sumptuous low carb soup will wow your guests or warm your family on a cold winter’s evening. The cauliflower provides plenty of choline, copper, potassium and vitamins B5, B6 and C.
One serve provides 270 calories, 10 g protein, 22 g fat and 8 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter
- 500 mL or 2 cups of chicken bone broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto (optional)
- Truffle oil for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Wrap the whole head (skin and all) of the garlic in foil and roast for 20 min, let cool.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and put in a baking tray. Drizzle in olive oil. Add salt and pepper and roast for 20 min. Turn after 10 min.
- Heat a large pot to medium heat, add olive oil, sautÃ© diced onion until soft.
- Pour in chicken broth and add roasted cauliflower.
- Squeeze out roasted garlic from its skin and add to the soup. Turn down the heat and let simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and use a stick blender to blend to soup consistency.
- Put a small pan on medium heat and dry-fry prosciutto until crisp.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with crispy prosciutto and drizzle with truffle oil.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.