This sumptuous low carb soup will wow your guests or warm your family on a cold winter’s evening. The cauliflower provides plenty of choline, copper, potassium and vitamins B5, B6 and C.
One serve provides 255 calories, 7 g protein, 21 g fat and 8 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter
- 500 mL or 2 cups of vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Truffle oil for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Wrap the whole head (skin and all) of the garlic in foil and roast for 20 min, let cool.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and put in a baking tray. Drizzle in olive oil. Add salt and pepper and roast for 20 min. Turn after 10 min.
- Heat a large pot to medium heat, add olive oil, sautÃ© diced onion until soft.
- Pour in vegetable stock and add roasted cauliflower.
- Squeeze out roasted garlic from its skin and add to the soup. Turn down the heat and let simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and use a stick blender to blend to soup consistency.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with truffle oil.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.