This sumptuous low carb soup will wow your guests or warm your family on a cold winter’s evening. The cauliflower provides plenty of choline, copper, potassium and vitamins B5, B6 and C.
One serve provides 255 calories, 7 g protein, 21 g fat, 8 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter
- 500 mL or 2 cups of vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- Truffle oil for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Wrap the whole head (skin and all) of the garlic in foil and roast for 20 min, let cool.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and put in a baking tray. Drizzle in olive oil. Add salt and pepper and roast for 20 min. Turn after 10 min.
- Heat a large pot to medium heat, add olive oil, saute diced onion until soft.
- Pour in vegetable stock and add roasted cauliflower.
- Squeeze out roasted garlic from its skin and add to the soup. Turn down the heat and let simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and use a stick blender to blend to soup consistency.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with truffle oil.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- low carb vegetarian
- plant based
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.