This is a plant-based slaw recipe with an extra kick of protein from tofu, which provides the majority of the energy, along with choline, calcium, copper, iron, manganese phosphorus, selenium and zinc. Cabbage and kimchi add vitamins C and A.
One serve provides 135 calories, 12 g protein, 5 g fat, 10 g net carbs and P:E = 0.8.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 400 g (14.11 oz) of red & white cabbage, shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
KIMCHI & TOFU DRESSING
- 200 g Kimchi (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 large knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 30 mL water
- 300 g silken tofu, drained
- Salt to taste
- Place kimchi, ginger, apple cider vinegar and water into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Add the tofu and blend again until all combined. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and pour in the dressing, toss till all coated.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.