This colourful salad is packed with vitamins and minerals and makes a great side or a plant-based main.
The edamame beans provide most of the protein along with vitamin B2 and B5, manganese and zinc while the beetroot brings the folate.
Tahini, which is made from sesame seeds, adds a middle eastern taste along with niacin, copper, phosphorus, iron and thiamine while spinach brings vitamins C and K.
One serve provides 355 calories, 18 g protein, 21 g fat and 19 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 50 g spinach
- 10 g parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame beans, shelled and steamed
- 1 small (approx. 50 g) carrot, grated
- 1 small beetroot (approx. 100 g), peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- Place spinach and parsley in a bowl.
- Top with edamame, carrot, beetroot, pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle over salt and pepper.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and dollop on the salad.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.