Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
This colourful recipe ranks exceptionally well in terms of nutrient-dense plant-based meals. It makes for a healthy dinner, full of Mediterranean taste.
Fresh bell peppers bring a bright, crisp flavour to any meal along with heaps of and vitamins A, B5, B6 and C. The parsley and spinach provide a mega-dose of folate, vitamin K, iron, magnesium, manganese and potassium.
One serve provides 237 calories, 11 g protein, 7 g fat and 26 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half, deseeded
- 2 medium slices of red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 10 g parsley, chopped
- Zest from half a lemon
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- Heat a non-stick fry pan with olive oil on a medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for a minute then add the capers, spinach, parsley, lemon zest, quinoa and stir.
- Add the tamari and chilli powder and stir until spinach is wilted into the quinoa.
- Fill the cut peppers with quinoa mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before you serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.