This is a simple lunch that you can use at home or work. Prepare your salads on the weekend store in the fridge for an easy and healthy lunch every day.
The beetroot boosts potassium and folate, while the lemon adds some zest and zing and some vitamin C.
One serve provides 180 calories, 29 g protein, 1 g fat, 9 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.7.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g tuna canned, drained
- 50 g spinach or salad leaves of choice
- 30 g alfalfa sprouts
- 100 g beetroot, grated
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Wash and slice all the vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add fish or seafood on top.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.