This is a simple lunch that you can use at home or work. Prepare your salads on the weekend store in the fridge for an easy and healthy lunch every day.
The tuna provides protein, omega 3, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, iron, choline, B12, B6, B5 and B3. The spinach fills in the manganese, magnesium, calcium, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A and B2.
The beetroot boosts potassium and folate, while the lemon adds some zest and zing and some vitamin C.
One serve provides 180 calories, 29 g protein, 1 g fat and 9 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g tuna canned, drained
- 50 g spinach or salad leaves of choice
- 30 g alfalfa sprouts
- 100 g beetroot, grated
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice all the vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add fish or seafood on top.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.