This is a simple nutritious lunch that you can use at home or work. Prepare your salads on the weekend store in the fridge for an easy and healthy lunch every day.
The sardines provide a solid dose of protein and omega 3, vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12, phosphorus, potassium and selenium.
The greens boost the folate, vitamin A and K while the tomato fills in the vitamin C.
While this recipe uses mackerel, you can use canned tuna, sardines or your preferred fish. Mix and match your salad based on your preferences and availability.
One serve provides 253 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g fat and 9 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g sardines canned, drained
- 50 g spinach or salad leaves of choice
- 150 g tomato, diced
- 100 g asparagus, cooked
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice all the vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add fish or seafood on top.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Quick Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.