This fish cake recipe will boost your protein, omega-3s, potassium, selenium, and vitamins B5, 12, and E. Packed with nutrients, it will help you take your diet quality and satiety game to the next level!
One serving provides 391 calories, 41 grams of protein, 14 grams of fat, and 21 grams of net carbs.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1.25 lbs (550 grams) cooked trout, or any other tinned fish if you can’t get trout
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) sundried tomatoes, finely diced
- 2.5 oz (80 grams) finely chopped spring onion
- 1.75 lbs (700 grams) cooked pumpkin, mashed (you want it previously roasted or steamed; not boiled, as it will be too wet)
- 1 egg
- 0.9 oz (25 g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: Serve with fresh coriander and bell peppers
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into patties.
- In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the patties until golden brown. Although I have not tried it, you may attempt frying them in an air fryer.
- Serve with your fresh coriander and bell peppers if desired, and enjoy!
- Sue Campbell