You’ll love this tasty and healthy fish recipe topped with parsley and pumpkin seed pesto with a dash of luxurious olive oil.
Cod provides heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3, choline, vitamin B12, potassium and selenium. The garlic, parsley and pumpkin seed pesto boost vitamins A, C and K1 along with a range of minerals, while the dash of olive oil makes for a luxurious full-bodied taste while keeping you full with minimal calories.
One serve provides 343 calories, 40 g protein, 18 g fat, 2 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.1.
- 1 cup of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Put all the ingredients into a small blender and blend into a paste.
- Place the fish on a baking tray and smear the pesto on top. Bakes for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite salad.
Note: for Low Histamine, cook the fish straight from the freezer. You’ll have to add a few minutes to the cooking time in your recipe to account for the lack of thawing.