This high satiety, super-nutritious scrambled egg recipe will keep you feeling full with minimal calories.
The egg whites provide heaps of highly bioavailable protein along with selenium and B2 while keeping calories low and your protein to energy ratio high.
The sausage provides zinc, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B3, B5 and B6. The tomato and peppers boost potassium, vitamin C and vitamin A while the spinach lifts the vitamin K, manganese and magnesium.
Rather than wasting the egg yolks, buy liquid egg whites in the frozen goods or dairy section.
One serve provides 220 calories, 28 g protein, 6 g fat, 10 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.8.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 120 g liquid egg whites
- 50 g turkey sausage
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 1/4 each of yellow and red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup spinach, washed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Fresh parsley to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add chopped turkey sausage, and fry in own fat until sausage is golden brown.
- Add onions and peppers and fry.
- When the onions are softened and sausage is cooked through, lower the heat, add egg whites, and scramble with a wooden spoon.
- When eggs are almost done, add in tomato, spinach, parsley salt and pepper stir through the egg mixture.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.