Protein Packed Quinoa Porridge
While it’s important to start your day with a solid dose of protein to keep you satiated, it can be harder to obtain protein on a plant-based diet without excess calories.
This breakfast bowl solves the problem by combining quinoa with your favourite vegan protein powder for a tasty vegan, gluten-free meal that will keep you feeling happy and full until lunchtime!
Add some seeds for crunch and minerals and some luscious coconut yogurt for energy and you’re good to go.
One serve provides 430 calories, 24 g protein, 16 g fat and 40 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 40 g quinoa flakes
- 2 tbsp flax seeds, ground
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 5 small strawberries, quartered
- Place quinoa, ground flax seeds, protein powder and almond milk in a small pot.
- Heat gently while stirring as it thickens to a porridge consistency.
- Once at desired consistency, tip in a bowl and top with, seeds, strawberries and coconut yogurt.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.