Prawn, Salmon, Shiitake & Cabbage Stir Fry
This seafood stir fry combines the best foods from the sea and nutrient-dense vegetables.
Prawns and salmon bring heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3, copper, potassium, selenium, zinc, choline and vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12, D and E.
The stir-fried vegetables fill in the folate, potassium and vitamins A, C and K.
One serve provides 380 calories, 56 g protein, 9 g fat and 13 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) fresh salmon, cut into cubes
- 100 g (3.5 oz) raw prawns
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger, peeled and finely diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 100 g (3.5 oz) red bell pepper, diced
- 100 g (3.5 oz) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 120 g (4.2 oz) cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add the salmon cubes and fry each side for a few seconds until golden, it does not need to be cooked through unless you prefer it like that.
- The salmon will release lots of fat so you do not need to add any.
- Once the salmon is cooked remove it to a plate and set aside.
- Add the prawns to the salmon fat, turning them as they go pink to cook both sides. Once cooked, add to the plate of salmon, and set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spring onion, red pepper and mushrooms to the pan. Sauté in the salmon fat until soft.
- Add the cabbage, and toss so all combine. Pour over the Tamari sauce. Let the cabbage soften, cooking it for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Tip the prawns and salmon back into the stir fry and gently fold together.
- Plate up and enjoy!
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.