Pork, salsa verde & cauliflower mash
This is a quick and vibrant meal that is great if you’re trying to keep your carbs low. The porkchop in this recipe provides the majority of the protein along with selenium, phosphorus, choline and vitamin B1 while the cauliflower boosts the vitamin C and folate while the parsley adds some vitamin K.
This recipe provides 470 calories, 48 g of protein, 27 g of fat and 4 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 90 g pork fillet, sliced into thin slices
- 100 g cauliflower, mashed
- 100 g broccoli, steamed
- salsa verde:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g parsley
- 10g mint
- 10g cilantro
- Tbsp capers
- 25g jalapeño
- 6 anchovies
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- To make the salsa verde put all the salsa ingredients
- into a blender and blend until a pesto.
- Heat a frypan to medium heat, spray with olive oil.
- Lay the pork in and cook for 4 minutes or until
- Turn pork over and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Take one slice to cut and check cooked through.
- Add the salsa verde and stir so the meat is all coated.
- Serve with cauliflower mash and steamed broccoli.
- Athlete & bulking
- Nutrient-dense maintenance
- Blood sugar & diabetes
- Blood sugar & fat loss
- Maximum nutrient density
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.