This recipe turns the humble zucchini into a fun summer vegetarian meal for a lite pasta alternative. Add fresh pesto for a healthy dish that the family will love.
Pumpkin seeds provide a solid dose of glycine, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper and choline while the zucchini provides potassium, folate, vitamin C and B6.
One serve provides 245 calories, 15 g protein, 16 g fat, 10 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) zucchini, spiralised, raw
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and some for garnish
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp of nut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Place the pesto ingredients in a small blender. If you don’t have a small blender, you may need to make a batch of pesto so there are enough ingredients in your blender to blend (i.e. multiply pesto ingredients by 4).
- Place the zoodles in a bowl and toss them in the pesto until they are evenly coated.
- Top with tomatoes, spring onions and a few pumpkin seeds, ground black pepper and nutritional yeast to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- blood sugar & fat loss
- nutrient-dense vegetarian
- low carb vegetarian
- plant based
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.