This recipe turns zucchini into a fun summer vegetarian meal for a healthy pasta alternative! Add fresh pesto for a simple and healthy dish that the entire family will love! The pumpkin seeds provide a solid dose of glycine, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper and choline while the zucchini provides vitamin C, potassium, B6 and folate.
This recipe provides 245 calories, 15 g of protein, 16 g of fat and 10 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100g zucchini (spiralized)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- Pesto (see below)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and some for garnish
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons of nut milk
- Place pesto ingredients in a small blender. If you don’t have a blender you may need to make a larger batch of pesto (e.g. multiply the pesto ingredients by four). Keep pesto in the fridge after making.
- Toss the zoodles in the pesto and put on a plate, top with tomatoes, spring onions and a few pumpkin seeds.
- Serve and add salt & pepper to taste.
- blood sugar & diabetes
- blood sugar & fat loss
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- maximum nutrient density
- athlete & bulking
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.