This recipe turns the humble zucchini into a fun summer vegetarian meal for a lite pasta alternative. Add fresh pesto for a healthy dish that the family will love.
Pumpkin seeds provide a solid dose of glycine, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper and choline while the zucchini provides potassium, folate, vitamin C and B6.
One serve provides 280 calories, 23 g protein, 6 g fat and 24 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g zucchini, spiralised, raw
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and some for garnish
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp of nut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Place the pesto ingredients in a small blender. If you don’t have a small blender, you may need to make a batch of pesto so there are enough ingredients in your blender to blend (i.e. times pesto ingredients by 4).
- Place the zoodles in a bowl and toss them in the pesto until they are evenly coated.
- Top with tomatoes, spring onions and a few pumpkin seeds, ground black pepper and nutritional yeast to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.