Pesto zoodles with bacon
This recipe turns zucchini into a fun summer meal for a healthy pasta alternative. Add fresh pesto and bacon for a sumptuous dish that the family will love.
The pumpkin seeds provide a solid dose of glycine, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper and choline while the zucchini provides vitamin C, B6, potassium and folate.
This recipe provides 320 calories, 21 g of protein, 21 g of fat and 11 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g zucchini, spiralised, raw
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- 90 g bacon, cooked and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and some for garnish
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp of nut milk
- Place the pesto ingredients in a small blender. If you don’t have a small blender you may need to make a batch of pesto so there are enough ingredients in your blender to blend (i.e. times pesto ingredients by 4).
- Place the zoodles in a bowl and toss them in the pesto until they are evenly coated.
- Top with tomatoes, spring onions and a few pumpkin seeds, crispy bacon, ground black pepper and nutritional yeast to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.