This recipe turns zucchini into a fun summer meal for a healthy pasta alternative. Add fresh pesto and bacon for a sumptuous dish that the family will love.
The pumpkin seeds provide a solid dose of glycine, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper and choline while the zucchini provides vitamin C, B6, potassium and folate.
This recipe provides 320 calories, 21 g of protein, 21 g of fat and 11 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) zucchini, spiralised, raw
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- 90 g bacon, cooked and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and some for garnish
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp of nut milk
- Place the pesto ingredients in a small blender. If you don’t have a small blender you may need to make a batch of pesto so there are enough ingredients in your blender to blend (i.e. multiply pesto ingredients by 4).
- Place the zoodles in a bowl and toss them in the pesto until they are evenly coated.
- Top with tomatoes, spring onions and a few pumpkin seeds, crispy bacon, ground black pepper and nutritional yeast to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense meat
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.