Pan Fried Fish Salad
This low carb pan-fried fish fillet recipe is quick, easy and healthy to boot! The majority of the energy comes from luxurious olive oil to keep things keto.
The fish provides protein, omega 3, vitamins B5, B6, B12, potassium and selenium while tomato boosts vitamin A and C while the parsley lifts the vitamin K and folate.
Serve with leafy greens to further boost the vitamin and mineral profile.
One serve provides 430 calories, 28 g protein, 32 g fat and 6 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g snapper or favourite white fish, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 20 g fennel bulb, shaved or thinly sliced
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 green olives, stones removed
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and zest from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine the fennel with cherry, tomatoes, olives, capers, parsley, lemon juice and zest, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and toss till coated, set aside while you cook the fish.
- Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp olive oil to medium heat and add the fish, turn every minute until all sides are golden and it’s cooked to your liking.
- Add fish to the salad and gently toss, add extra salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.