This low carb pan-fried fish fillet recipe is quick, easy and healthy as well! It keeps the added fats down to keep the nutrients high and the calories low to enable you to maximise nutrient density and stay full while losing body fat quickly.
The fish provides protein, omega 3, vitamins B5, B6, B12, potassium and selenium. The tomato boosts vitamin A and C while the parsley lifts the vitamin K1 and folate.
Serve with leafy greens to further boost the vitamin and mineral profile.
One serve provides 360 calories, 55 g protein, 11 g fat, 6 g of net carbs and P:E = 3.1.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g snapper or favourite white fish, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 20 g fennel bulb, shaved or thinly sliced
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 green olives, stones removed
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Juice and zest from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the fennel with cherry, tomatoes, olives, capers, parsley, lemon juice and zest, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and toss till coated, set aside while you cook the fish.
- Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp olive oil to medium heat and add the fish, turn every minute until all sides are golden and it’s cooked to your liking.
- Add fish to the salad and gently toss. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- nutrient-dense vegetarian
- low carb vegetarian
- high protein:energy
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.