Want to cut through the confusion and controversy surrounding keto and low-carb? Give a listen as Ketogains co-founder Luis Villasenor and I discuss how a well-formulated low-carb or keto diet should look.
We weigh in on these topics:
- How is a standard or high-protein ketogenic diet for fat loss and body composition different from a therapeutic ketogenic diet for the treatment of epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, etc.?
- Why is protein critical for fat loss, body composition, diabetes management, etc.?
- Is there a universal protein target for most people?
- How do nutrition and protein recommendations change as we age? What are the biggest misconceptions about protein?
- What keto concepts must people frequently unlearn when they come to Ketogains?
- Ketogains talks about using “fat as a lever”? What does that mean? When does “healthy fat” become something we should minimise, reduce, or avoid?
- What foods do you typically recommended for most people? How do food choices change to meet different goals (e.g. fat loss, muscle gain and bulking, etc.)?
- What foods do you recommend people try to incorporate when starting?
- What are your thoughts on fasting? Do you practice fasting? What does it look like for you?
- Why do you advise people to “chase results, not ketones”?
- What is your experience testing ketones? What values did you see in the early days? How about now?
- What measures do you use to track progress?
Luis has been a great friend, mentor and inspiration. He shows ways you can dial in your macros and micros to achieve your desired body composition and health goals in theory and practice. Doing the KetoGains Bootcamp was a real turning point for me. Luis has also contributed many of the most popular recipes in our suite of NutriBoosters ebooks.
Subscribe to listen at:
To help us reach more people, please rate and review.
- Ketogains website
- Ketogains Facebook Group
- Ketogains Facebook Page
- Ketogains Bootcamp
- AtGo Health
- Dr Pran Yoganathan – Are we Fat Hunters?
- Dr Ted Naiman Confessional – Mistakes, unlearning and relearning in Ketoland
- RD Dikeman, PhD (Type 1 Grit) – Rethinking Keto for Type 1 Diabetes
- Bronson Dant – Fitness 101: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Exercise
- Mike Julian – The Gurus’ Guru
- Dr Clark Connery – Metabolic Flexibility Deep Dive
- Dr Brian Mowl – ProFast Diet Secrets
- Bett Lucas – How to Finally Put Your Health First
- Lori Tilden Leeke – How to Use Your Glucose Meter as a Fuel Gauge
- Brian Sanders – Chasing Nutrient Density All Over the World
- Jane Getting – Intermittent Fasting 2.0 + Nutrient Density FTW!
- Kelli and Dan Buckley – Optimising Nutrition – The Results
- Karen Lerner-Mayrand – Preventing Nutritional Deficiencies on a Vegetarian Diet