Gastroenterologist Dr Pran Yoganathan is the best thing on Instagram. I love how he manages to communicate nutrition science in a pithy, thought-provoking, and entertaining way. We have come to a very similar perspective on nutrition through different lines of research.
It was a ton of fun to get to chat about a range of topics, including:
- Why did you create your Instagram page? What are you trying to achieve?
- When did you realise you had a gift for thought-provoking Instamemes?
- How did you fall into nutrition as a doctor? How did you arrive at your current views?
- Why are you so confident when what you say radically opposes the beliefs of your peers?
- Why do you believe nutrient density is so crucial?
- Why do you think there is such a big push towards plant-based diets?
- What role does fibre play in a healthy gut microbiome?
- Can we optimise our dietary choices based on analysing our gut microbiome?
- Why do you bring everything back to an evolutionary context?
- What do you find works best for your patients? What dietary changes do you recommend?
- What foods do you recommend most people avoid?
- What do you eat on a day-to-day basis?
Subscribe to listen at:
To help us reach more people, please rate and review.
Upcoming podcast guests
- Dr Ted Naiman Confessional – Mistakes, unlearning and relearning in Ketoland
- RD Dikeman, PhD (Type 1 Grit) – Rethinking Keto for Type 1 Diabetes
- Bronson Dant – Fitness 101: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Exercise
- Mike Julian – The Gurus’ Guru
- Dr Clark Connery – Metabolic Flexibility Deep Dive
- Dr Brian Mowl – ProFast Diet Secrets
- Bett Lucas – How to Finally Put Your Health First
- Lori Tilden Leeke – How to Use Your Glucose Meter as a Fuel Gauge
- Brian Sanders – Chasing Nutrient Density All Over the World
- Jane Getting – Intermittent Fasting 2.0 + Nutrient Density FTW!
- Kelli and Dan Buckley – Optimising Nutrition – The Results
- Karen Lerner-Mayrand – Preventing Nutritional Deficiencies on a Vegetarian Diet
- Craig Emmerich – The Future of Keto
- Diana Rogers – Regenerative Agriculture
- Cynthia Thurlow – Intermittent Fasting for Women
- Robb Wolf – Can Nutrient Density Save the World?
- Abby Lukach Q&A – Stacking All the Hacks for Breakthrough Results
- Ivan Gavranic – What it takes to get (and stay) Super Lean
- Ted Naiman and Cala Calabrese – Let’s Talk about Satiety
- Melanie Avalon – The best (and worst) of biohacking
- Carol Dent – 42 lbs down with Data-Driven Fasting and Nutrient Density
- Gin Stephens – On Leaving Facebook and the Future of Intermittent Fasting
- Belinda Fettke – The origins of our nutritional guidelines
- Sidi Riza – 20kg in 5 months with DDF and the Masterclass
- Professors David Raubenheimer, Professor Stephen Simpson and Dr Ted Naiman – Protein & Nutrient Leverage Leverage
- Dr Andreas Eenfeldt – THE Diet Doctor
- Karen Thomson – Sugar-Free Data-Driven Fasting