Subscribe to listen at:
To help us reach more people, please rate and review.
Mike Julian has been a great friend and taught me a LOT over the past six years or so!
Shortly after I kicked it off the Optimising Nutrition Facebook Group, Mike made so many insightful contributions that I asked him to become an admin.
Back in the day, we had a unique group of people who would share their research and insights (including Tommy Wood, Robb Wolf, Raymund Edwards (Optimal Ketogenic Living), Luis Villasenor (Ketogains)) eager to learn more about nutrition and metabolism. It made for a unique learning environment and a hive mind learning.
I have learned so much about how human metabolism works and how to improve it from Mike, who has been a pioneer in digesting the research, joining the dots and sharing it freely.
In this chat, we discuss:
- What are the biggest misunderstandings and misconceptions in nutrition and metabolism at the moment?
- Why is the Personal Fat Threshold central to our understanding of diabetes and metabolic health?
- What is ketosis? How does it work? What do you think is the biggest misunderstanding around ketosis?
- Do fat calories matter? Why is there so much confusion?
- How are blood glucose, insulin and blood lipids interrelated?
- What do people need to know about lipidology?
- What are the limitations of high protein % or MORE protein? How do you know when you’ve had too much?
- What are your hopes for the future in the realm of nutrition and metabolism?
- Dr Clark Connery – Metabolic Flexibility Deep Dive
- Dr Brian Mowl – ProFast Diet Secrets
- Bett Lucas – How to Finally Put Your Health First
- Lori Tilden Leeke – How to Use Your Glucose Meter as a Fuel Gauge
- Brian Sanders – Chasing Nutrient Density All Over the World
- Jane Getting – Intermittent Fasting 2.0 + Nutrient Density FTW!
- Kelli and Dan Buckley – Optimising Nutrition – The Results
- Karen Lerner-Mayrand – Preventing Nutritional Deficiencies on a Vegetarian Diet