Subscribe to listen at:
To help us reach more people, please rate and review.
Mike Julian has been a great friend and taught me a LOT over the past six years or so!
Shortly after I kicked it off the Optimising Nutrition Facebook Group, Mike made so many insightful contributions that I asked him to become an admin.
Back in the day, we had a unique group of people who would share their research and insights (including Tommy Wood, Robb Wolf, Raymund Edwards, Luis Villasenor) eager to learn more about nutrition and metabolism. It made for a unique learning environment and a hive mind learning.
I have learned so much about how human metabolism works and how to improve it from Mike, who has been a pioneer in digesting the research, joining the dots and sharing it freely.
In this chat, we discuss:
- What are the biggest misunderstandings and misconceptions in nutrition and metabolism at the moment?
- Why is the Personal Fat Threshold central to our understanding of diabetes and metabolic health?
- What is ketosis? How does it work? What do you think is the biggest misunderstanding around ketosis?
- Do fat calories matter? Why is there so much confusion?
- How are blood glucose and blood lipids interrelated?
- What do people need to know about lipidology?
- What are the limitations of high protein % or MORE protein? How do you know when you’ve had too much?
- What are your hopes for the future in the realm of nutrition and metabolism?
- Dr Clark Connery – Metabolic Flexibility Deep Dive
- Dr Brian Mowl – ProFast Diet Secrets
- Bett Lucas – How to Finally Put Your Health First
- Lori Tilden Leeke – How to Use Your Glucose Meter as a Fuel Gauge
- Brian Sanders – Chasing Nutrient Density All Over the World
- Jane Getting – Intermittent Fasting 2.0 + Nutrient Density FTW!
- Kelli and Dan Buckley – Optimising Nutrition – The Results
- Karen Lerner-Mayrand – Preventing Nutritional Deficiencies on a Vegetarian Diet
- Dr Josephine Grace Rajo – The Anatomy of Data-Driven Fasting
- Craig Emmerich – The Future of Keto
- Diana Rogers – Regenerative Agriculture
- Cynthia Thurlow – Intermittent Fasting for Women
- Robb Wolf – Can Nutrient Density Save the World?
- Abby Lukach Q&A – Stacking All the Hacks for Breakthrough Results
- Ivan Gavranic – What it takes to get (and stay) Super Lean
- Ted Naiman and Cala Calabrese – Let’s Talk about Satiety
- Melanie Avalon – The best (and worst) of biohacking
- Carol Dent – 42 lbs down with Data-Driven Fasting and Nutrient Density
- Gin Stephens – On Leaving Facebook and the Future of Intermittent Fasting
- Belinda Fettke – The origins of our nutritional guidelines
- Sidi Riza – 20kg in 5 months with DDF and the Masterclass
- Professors David Raubenheimer, Professor Stephen Simpson and Dr Ted Naiman – Protein & Nutrient Leverage Leverage
- Dr Andreas Eenfeldt – THE Diet Doctor
- Karen Thomson – Sugar-Free Data-Driven Fasting