The avocado is the centrepiece of this tasty plant-based brekkie bowl, providing most of the energy from monounsaturated fat.
The generous serving of mushroom packs a lot of nutrients with very few calories and will provide you with a mega-dose of vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6, folate, copper, iron, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc.
Tomato fills in vitamins C and A and the garlic boosts the calcium and manganese.
One serve provides 264 calories, 6 g protein, 18 g fat, 16 g net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 large field mushrooms (approx. 200 g/7 oz)
- 50 g (1.75 oz) onion, thinly sliced
- a spring of thyme leaves picked off stems
- 1 large tomato (approx 100 g/3.5 oz), halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/392°F.
- Place mushrooms, onions and tomatoes on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Plate up with the avocado and enjoy!
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.