Low-fat spinach muffins
This low-fat muffin recipe provides a highly satiating nutrient-dense treat which is ideal if your goal is fat loss. It uses a mixture of whole eggs and egg whites with a range of spices to boost the taste and minerals.
The use of egg whites, low-fat cheese and egg whites keeps the protein:energy ratio high. The spinach provides plenty of manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium folate, vitamin A, and vitamin K. The mozzarella provides plenty of calcium, the whole eggs provide some choline, the egg whites boost the selenium and B2 for a well-round taste and nutrient profile.
One serving (three muffins) provides 150 calories, 22 g of protein, 4 g of fat and 5 g of net carbs.
|Spinach, Cooked from Frozen||250||grams|
|Cottage cheese, Lowfat||1||cup|
|Mozzarella Cheese, Fat-Free||1/4||cup|
|Parmesan Cheese, Grated||1||tbsp, grated|
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Microwave frozen spinach for 5 minutes then drain and squeeze spinach.
- Add all other ingredients except parmesan cheese.
- Divide in muffin pan and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until set.
- Monica Kendall
- Fat loss
Click the links below to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.