This low-fat muffin recipe provides a highly satiating nutrient-dense treat which is ideal if your goal is fat loss. It uses a mixture of whole eggs and egg whites with various spices to boost the taste and minerals.
Using egg whites, low-fat cheese and egg whites keeps the protein:energy ratio high. The spinach provides plenty of manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium folate, vitamin A and vitamin K. The mozzarella provides plenty of calcium, the whole eggs provide some choline, and the egg whites boost the selenium and B2 for a well-round taste and nutrient profile.
One serving (three muffins) provides 150 calories, 22 g of protein, 4 g of fat and 5 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screenshot below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
|Spinach, Cooked from Frozen||250||grams|
|Cottage cheese, Lowfat||1||cup|
|Mozzarella Cheese, Fat-Free||1/4||cup|
|Parmesan Cheese, Grated||1||tbsp, grated|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Microwave frozen spinach for 5 minutes, then drain and squeeze spinach.
- Add all other ingredients except parmesan cheese.
- Divide in a muffin pan and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until set.