This ” liver cake” created by Optimiser Julia Kreye is a bit more nutritious than the run-of-the-mill cake. Not only does it have 43% protein, but it’s also packed with B vitamins, vitamin A, iron and zinc and is a fun way to get a bit more liver.
One serving provides 152 calories, 16 g protein, 7 g fat and 5 g net carbs.
Makes 10 servings
- 500g liver
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder (or flour)
- Salt, pepper
- 150 g sour cream (cream cheese or creme fraiche would also work)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small onion (sauteed)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender for the liver pancakes and then fry in a non-stick skillet (to save oil).
- While the pancakes are cooling, make the filling, grate carrot, cut onion, and sauté until soft.
- To assemble, spread the sour cream on every pancake, top it with filling and so on.
- The batter should resemble pancake batter, not too runny but also not too thick.
- Add fresh parsley or dill to the filling and decoration to make it look more festive.
- Julia Kreye