In our Micros Masterclass, many people start searching for creative ways to get more liver into their diets. Julia Kreye’s simple liver bread recipe is incredibly nutritious and will help you bring your satiety and micronutrient game to the next level. There’ll be no need for your multivitamins or protein powder once you get a few pieces of this in you!
Yields: 4 servings
- 500 grams of chicken liver, although I think any liver would work; chicken, veal, and lamb are the mildest in flavour
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 to 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp almond flour or any flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- other optional spices: nutmeg
- Roughly chop the liver, carrot, and onion.
- Toss all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Place into a bread pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 185C for 30-40 min.
- Voila! This bread freezes very well. Throw it in the freezer and thaw for a later day.