Looking for a healthy dinner that can be ready in 15 minutes on a hot summer’s evening?
These tasty prawn ‘tacos’ are a fun way to get your protein from prawns with a mildly spicy hit of salsa.
Prawns are an incredibly nutritious protein source, with plenty of vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12, choline, folate, calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc. The peppers and lemon juice bring some bitey vitamin C, the lettuce adds folate, vitamin A and potassium, and a fun way to eat these as tacos with your hands.
One serve provides 120 calories, 25 g protein, 0.5 g fat, 4.5 g of net carbs and P:E = 7.4.
- 3 iceberg lettuce leaves as cups
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cooked prawns, chopped
- Half a small red chilli, sliced
- 1 sprig of coriander, chopped
- Juice of half a lime and zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place prawns, chilli, coriander, lime juice and zest in a bowl and combine.
- Place an equal amount of the prawn salsa in each lettuce cup, wrap, and eat.