Lentils provide a robust base to this simple but nutritious salad.
The lentils provide half the energy and the majority of the protein in this recipe, along with vitamin B5, folate, choline, copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus and zinc.
Tomato and parsley fill in the vitamins A, C and K as well as potassium.
One serve provides 395 calories, 20 g protein, 15 g fat and 36 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g brown lentils, tinned, drained and rinsed
- 20 g parsley, finely chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve
- Optional extra: some avocado would be nice in this.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.