This lemon vegetable recipe provides a unique nutrient-dense combination of plant-based ingredients. It makes for a nutritious vegan main or a highly nutritious side.
It was created by Lauretta Pfister Kastelic who has managed to stay near the top of the Nutrient Optimiser Leaderboard for more than a year, and in the process made some radical improvements in her health with consistent reductions in body fat as she continued to dial in nutrient density using Nutrient Optimiser.
The recipe includes a generous helping of cooked spinach which will provides a mega-dose of vitamins A and K along with folate, calcium, copper, iron and magnesium. The zucchini provides potassium as well as vitamins B2, B6, A and C. The asparagus provides vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 as well as choline, copper, iron, phosphorus and zinc while the other ingredients round out the flavour and nutrient profile.
One serve provides 215 calories, 18 g protein, 3 g fat and 23 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g spinach
- 230 g asparagus
- 90 g okra
- 1 lemon
- 300 g zucchini
- 20 g peppermint
- Peel and remove seeds from lemon, cut into small chunks, reserving all juice.
- Heat large saute pan with cover to medium-high heat, add just enough water to cover the bottom.
- First add asparagus, cover and let cook about 2 mins, then add zucchini, cover and cook for another 2 mins, occasionally stirring.
- Add okra and spinach, cover, cook just until no longer frozen, (or until just wilted if using fresh).
- Add the mint on top, cover and cook 2 mins.
- Add chopped lemon and juice, cover and heat just until desired tenderness.
- Gently toss all ingredients, once again. Promptly plate and enjoy!
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- plant based
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.