This vibrant meal can be a tasty main or a vegetarian side with a refreshing tang.
The almonds add a gorgeous crunch that balances the tartness of the lemon. Most of the energy comes from olive oil, which provides a decadent taste. The crunchy beans offer a wide range of vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin A, C, K, folate, potassium and iron.
While the almonds provide a tasty crunch, you could always substitute pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
One serve provides 180 calories, 4 g protein, 15 g fat, g of net carbs and P:E = 0.1.
- 100 g green beans, ends cut off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 30 g flaked almonds
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- Add the olive oil to a frypan and heat to a medium heat.
- Add beans and stir as they cook for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper and stir so all the beans are coated.
- Add almonds and stir.
- Squeeze on lemon juice and stir.
- Taste a bean and make sure it is cooked to your liking. They are nice with a bit of crunch, but if you prefer them more cooked, keep cooking for longer.