Lean Burgers with Tomato Chutney on Greens
This is a great go-to recipe when you’re looking for something quick and filling. Simply combine some lean burgers (e.g. kangaroo, lean beef mince, venison, lean lamb, etc.) with plenty of non-starchy vege for a quick, satiating and nutrient-dense meal.
The hamburgers in this recipe provide half of the energy and a solid dose of bioavailable protein along with vitamins B3, B6 and B12, choline, iron, selenium and zinc. The tomato chutney lifts the vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium while the greens provide vitamins A, B5 and K1, folate, copper and potassium.
One serve provides 416 calories, 32 g protein, 24 g fat and 13 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g ground kangaroo or your preferred lean meat, shaped into two patties.
- 30 g spinach
- 100 g cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ¼ avocado, chopped
- 4 asparagus spears, steamed
- A scant amount of oil for cooking
- half a small onion, roughly diced
- 2 clove of garlic, crushed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- To make the chutney, heat a small fry pan to medium heat, then add a scant amount of your preferred fat.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and parsley and sauté for 5–10 minutes till soft and caramelised.
- While the chutney is cooking, place the spinach in a bowl, top with the asparagus, cucumber and avocado and set aside.
- Heat another frying pan to medium heat and once hot (you don’t need any oil), add the patties, turn halfway, approximately 3 minutes a side or to your liking.
- Once ready add to the bowl with the chutney on top and enjoy!
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
- low oxalate
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.