Lean burger bowls
This is a great go-to recipe to have in your repertoire when you’re looking for something quick and filling.
Simply combine lean burgers with plenty of non-starchy veggies for a quick, satiating and nutrient-dense meal at any time.
Add low-fat cottage cheese, tomatoes, pickles or a little bit of sauce to round out the flavour profile.
One serve provides 460 calories, 64 g protein, 15 g fat and 13 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 x 100 g lean burgers patties
- 50 g spinach, or preferred greens
- 50 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp low fat cottage cheese
- Pickles, tomato, Jalapeño (optional)
- 800 g ground lean meat (beef, lamb, kangaroo, venison, pork)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or garlic powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Place the greens and mushrooms on a plate.
- Heat a frypan to a medium/high heat, fry the burgers in their own fat, until cooked to your liking.
- Serve on the salad and mushrooms with your choice of vegetables, cottage cheese, a dill pickle and some Jalapeño (optional).
- To make the burgers, put the ground meat of choice in a bowl.
- Heat a frypan to a medium heat and spray with olive oil spray.
- Add diced onions and crushed garlic to the pan and lightly cook until soft. Turn heat off.
- Add onions to the ground meat.
- Add salt, pepper & tomato paste.
- Use your hands to mix all ingredients and roll into even balls about 100 g each.
- Flatten the balls to a patty shape.
- Cook as per instructions above or freeze ready for another time.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.