Lean burger bowls
This is a great go-to recipe to have in your repertoire when you’re looking for something quick and filling. Simply combine some lean burgers (e.g. kangaroo, lean beef mince, venison, lean lamb etc) with plenty of non-starchy vege (e.g. mushrooms, spinach etc) for a quick, satiating and nutrient-dense meal at any time. Add some lite cottage cheese, tomatoes, pickles or a little bit of sauce to break up the flavour.
This recipe provides 480 calories, 50 g of protein, 30 g of fat and 4 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- Two x 100g lean burger patties
- 50g spinach, or preferred greens
- 50g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese (optional)
- Pickles, tomato, Jalapeño (optional)
- Place the greens and mushrooms on a plate.
- Heat a frypan to a medium/high heat and panfry the burgers in their own fat, until cooked to your liking.
- Serve on the salad and mushrooms with your choice of vegetables a dollop of cottage cheese, a dill pickle and some Jalapeño (optional).
- Fat loss
- Blood sugar and fat loss
- Maximum nutrient density
- Nutrient-dense maintenance
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.