Your family will love this quick to prepare and tasty recipe. Rather than rolling the meat into cabbage rolls, this recipe keeps it super simple. You just chop up the cabbage and toss in the meat.
The mince in this recipe provides the majority of the energy, plenty of protein and vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12, choline, iron, selenium and zinc.
The cabbage adds vitamin C, vitamin K1 and folate while the onion, garlic, tomato paste and bacon round out the flavour profile for an easy, tasty kid-friendly meal!
One serve provides 400 calories, 37 g protein, 23 g fat, 7 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 rash of bacon, chopped
- Scant amount of olive oil
- 800 g ground beef or lamb1 pickle, diced
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 170 g tin tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1/2 a cabbage finely shredded
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Add a dash of olive oil, onions, garlic and bacon and sautÃ© until soft.
- Add the ground meat, and break up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Add the pickles, pickle juice, tomato paste and tamari sauce. Stir so all meat is coated.
- Add the cabbage and toss through the meat.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the cabbage is wilted but still a tad crunchy.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.