Your family will love this quick to prepare and tasty recipe.
Rather than rolling the meat into cabbage rolls, this recipe keeps it super simple. You just chop up the cabbage and toss in the meat.
One serve provides 400 calories, 37 g protein, 23 g fat, 7 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 rash of bacon, chopped
- Scant amount of olive oil
- 800 g ground beef or lamb1 pickle, diced
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 170 g tin tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1/2 a cabbage finely shredded
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Add a dash of olive oil, onions, garlic and bacon and sautÃ© until soft.
- Add the ground meat, and break up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Add the pickles, pickle juice, tomato paste and tamari sauce. Stir so all meat is coated.
- Add the cabbage and toss through the meat.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the cabbage is wilted but still a tad crunchy.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.