Luis’ creation provides a hefty dose of protein and fibre and plenty of Vitamin B6, B12, vitamin C, vitamin E, folate and calcium. Lite Salt adds both sodium and potassium.
Chayote (also known as choko) provides a ton of fibre that will make you feel super full without too much energy. Hardcore PSMF recipes are not always meals but rather creations designed to maximise satiety with the least amount of energy and with plenty of nutrients. As Luis says:
“You’re on a diet, not a culinary tour. A hardcore PSMF is not easy, but it maximises satiety and minimising muscle loss while also maximising fat loss and nutrition if you’re willing to stick to it!”
One serve provides 230 calories, 32 g protein, 5 g fat, 10 g net carbs and P:E = 2.1.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 300 g chayote/choko fruit, raw
- 1 tsp Lite Salt
- Place all ingredients into the blender and mixing.
- Wash the choko/chayote squash. But there’s no need to peel it as it just becomes part of the extra fibre in the blender. You can always strain after if necessary.
- With the protein powder and almond milk, it essentially becomes a thick shake. If you are using plain protein powder, you could add some calorie-free caramel or chocolate syrup.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- low carb vegetarian
- egg & dairy-free
- athletes & bulking
- smoothies & juices
Take your nutrition to the next level with Nutrient Optimiser and get your free food list and more recipes based on your goals. Nutrient Optimiser is designed to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
Our recipe database contains over five hundred recipes to ensure you will get the nutrition you need to thrive. When you track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify foods that are missing macro and micronutrients in your diet.