Chayote (also known as choko) provides a ton of fibre that will make you feel super full without too much energy. Hardcore PSMF recipes are not always meals but rather creations designed to maximise satiety with the least amount of energy and with plenty of nutrients. As Luis says:
“You’re on a diet, not a culinary tour. A hardcore PSMF is not easy, but it maximises satiety and minimising muscle loss while also maximising fat loss and nutrition if you’re willing to stick to it!”
One serve provides 230 calories, 32 g protein, 5 g fat, 10 g net carbs and P:E = 2.1.
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 300 g chayote/choko fruit, raw
- 1 tsp Lite Salt
- Place all ingredients into the blender and mixing.
- Wash the choko/chayote squash. But there’s no need to peel it as it just becomes part of the extra fibre in the blender. You can always strain after if necessary.
- With the protein powder and almond milk, it essentially becomes a thick shake. If you are using plain protein powder, you could add some calorie-free caramel or chocolate syrup.