These moorish crackers make for an awesome low carb snack and are packed with Omega 3 a broad range of vitamins and minerals from nuts and seeds!
You can enjoy these crackers by themselves as a simple snack, or add your favourite cheese, salami or even pâte.
For variety and to further boost nutrient density, you can add kelp or spirulina powder to the mix.
To maintain the crispiness of these crackers, you must store them in an airtight container. Also, make sure they are completely dried and cooled before storing.
One cracker provides 90 calories, 3 g protein, 7 g fat and 1 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
MAKES APPROX 40 CRACKERS
- 120 g chia seeds
- 80 g flax seeds
- 80 g sesame seeds
- 60 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 400 mL of water
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C/300°F (fan bake).
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with the water and let sit for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the mixture as thinly as possible with your fingers. You may need two trays. The mixture should have no holes.
- Bake for 1 hour, checking every 15 minutes, you may need to rotate the trays. Once they are lightly brown and crisp, remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, break up into crackers. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- nutritional keto
- therapeutic keto
- low carb vegetarian
- egg & dairy-free
- athletes & bulking
- cancer (weight gain)
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.