This plant-based eggplant (aubergine) salad is ideal as a side or as a nutritious protein-rich main.
It’s the tofu in this recipe that provides the majority of the energy and the protein along with choline, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
The aubergine contains potassium, folate, manganese and vitamin B5 while the scallions, mayo, olive oil and miso paste round out the taste.
One serve provides 475 calories, 35 g protein, 28 g fat and 18 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 aubergine, thinly sliced across ways
- Drizzle of olive oil (2 tbsp approx.)
- 1 – 2 tsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Sprinkle of togarashi (optional)
- Pre-heat oven 180°C/360°F.
- Place the sliced aubergine on a baking tray and drizzle over olive oil, toss so aubergine is coated in oil.
- Put the tray in the oven for 10 minutes, turn and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes, they should be cooked through and slightly crispy but not burnt.
- Let the aubergine cool almost completely.
- Mix the miso and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- Taste, and add more miso if you wish.
- Transfer aubergine to serving dish, dollop on the miso mixture and top with spring onions and sprinkle with torarashi (optional).
Find more recipes to suit your goal.