Bett Lucas is a busy mom (of six), wife, and businessperson.
She works full time in the energy industry and has won numerous awards for her leadership and charitable projects. Bett believes you can manage a career and home life and wants to inspire those juggling both—or hoping to.
“Women should be proud of who they are at home and in the workplace.” A key balancing element is regaining and maintaining health. She challenges women to take back their health, reminding them that spending the time and effort required is not selfish… that by being healthier, they can contribute more fully at home, work, and personal endeavours.
Women often put their own needs last to the detriment of their health and well-being. But it doesn’t have to be that way. I wanted to talk to Bett about her journey and how she learned to put herself and her health first to maximise the care of her family and achieve more of her goals.
- What brought you to the realisation that you needed to prioritise your health so you could achieve more? How much weight did you lose? How long did it take? What did you have to change?
- How did you get this mental toughness and this positive attitude? Is it how you were raised, or did you build it intentionally?
- You have been through many dietary approaches and seemed to have gleaned the best bits and incorporated what optimally suits you. What have you found that worked for you? How do you deal with the dogmatic diet wars?
- What IF routine do you find works for you? What are the benefits? Why do you love it?
- What is your approach to alcohol? Why? What’s your experience?
- Do you find exercise or nutrition is more important?
- What do you eat at home? Do you have any tips for feeding a large family?
- How does your example and attitude of self-care impact your kids and their actions?
Subscribe to listen at: