This low histamine chicken breast recipe keeps protein high for satiety and carbs low. Hemp seed crumbs add texture while the side salad brings the crunch.
Chicken breast provides tons of bioavailable protein along with vitamins, B3, B5 and B6, choline and selenium. Hemp seeds provide omega 3, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus while the celery and parsley boost folate, potassium along with vitamins A, C and K1.
Note: To flatten chicken breast place between two sheets of baking paper and use a rolling pin to gently bash until flat.
One serve provides 300 calories, 6 g protein, 15 g fat and 31 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp butter for frying
- 200 g chicken breast, flattened
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 100 g celery, chopped
- 10 g parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients, toss and set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of hemp seeds evenly over one side of the flattened chicken and push in with your fingers. Flip and sprinkle the other tbsp of hemp seeds on the second half, push in.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add the butter once melted, add the chicken and turn the pan down (so you have time to cook the chicken without burning the butter).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden, then flip and cook the second side 4-5 minutes or till golden.
- Cut chicken in half to check it is cooked through. Plate up with the crunchy salad and serve.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.